The setup process for the Solis Wifi Data Logger is fairly similar to the Cellular Data Logger's process. You will need to have the Solis Home or Solis Pro app downloaded on your phone. If you are commissioning Solis inverters on a regular basis, you may want to go with the Solis Pro app. If you are a homeowner or infrequent Solis commissioner, the Solis Home is a better choice. The registration process for the Solis Home app is instantaneous.
Note: When registering with the Solis Pro app for the first time, it takes a few days before you are approved and allowed to register. It is best to register in advance of going to a site so that you will have access.
- Unscrew the protective cap over the communication port on the bottom of the inverter's wire box. Plug the Wifi Data Logger into the green communication port and be sure to secure it by tightening the connector.
- Bring up the Solis Home (or Pro) app on your phone and register if you have not already done so.
- Tap the plus sign at the top right corner of the screen or tap "Build Your Plant Within 1 Minute"
- The Add Device screen will appear and your camera will serve as a scanner. Scan the QR code on the Wifi Data Logger or enter it manually (note: the SN of the logger is on a little white sticker on the logger)
- Then enter the plant (site) information and tap Next
- Enter the plant (site) name and contact information, then tap Done
- While on the Device interface, tap Connect on the left side of the screen
- Be sure that your phone is connected to the Wifi network that you plan to use to connect the logger
- Enter the Wifi network password and tap Ensure
- Go to Wifi settings on your phone and then connect your phone to the logger's network "AP_XXXXXXXXXX"
- Switch back to the Solis app and wait 1-3 minutes until the configuration is successful
- If configuration fails:
- Wifi network may be too weak - install an extender
- Wifi logger SN may have been entered incorrectly
- Wifi password cannot include symbols (@,$,%,#,&,!,?) or else the logger will not be able to connect
- The system should now be communicating. Please note that it may take several minutes for production data to show up in the Solis app