Installing the Meter
- The meter should should be mounted inside of a weather-proof enclosure
- Secure the 35mm DIN rail and then snap the meter onto the rail
Installing the Current Transformers (CTs)
- Turn off AC power before clamping on current transformers
- Install the CTs around the conductors to be measured
- Clamp one CT around the L1 wire
- Clamp the second CT around the L2 wire
- Split-core CTs can be opened for installation around a conductor.
- Install the CT with the arrow pointing toward the grid for consumption or export measurement
- The current transformer is packed together with the meter
- The Acrel meter should be mounted inside the main service (or sub) panel. This is what measures the power going to and from the utility company.
- The signal wire connects the Acrel meter to the inverter
Wiring the Meter:
- Verify that power is OFF before making connections.
- Insert a grounding cable through the appropriate conduit and the knockout that was opened and connect it from Pin 5 of the 5-pin terminal block to the grounding terminal
- Connect the AC side wires (meter input) using the 5-pin terminal block:
- Insert the wires through the appropriate conduit and the knockout that was opened.
- Loosen the appropriate screws on the 5-pin terminal block.
- Connect each AC wire to the appropriate screw terminal (pins 1, 2). Verify that the lines match the symbols printed on the meter front label.
- Connect ground to pin 5 and neutral to pin 3.
- Tighten the screws making sure the wires are fully inserted and cannot be pulled out easily.
- Insert the 5-pin terminal block into the socket on the meter making sure it is fully seated in the meter.
Connecting to the Inverter
- An RS485 communication cable will need to be ran between the meter and the inverter